|Availability: ||This product is no longer for sale!|
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
Short Product Description
QNAP SS-439 Pro is the new generation 2.5" SATA 4-bay model of the worldwide award-winning Turbo NAS Series designed to deliver high performance and reliable server features such as advanced RAID protection, built-in iSCSI target service, and AES 256-bit volume-based encryption for small business.
The SS-439 Pro houses four reliable and low power 2.5" SATA hard drives with the total storage capacity of up to 2TB. It is particularly designed for business users who are looking for a network storage solution of high data security for data backup and numerous powerful server applications. The SS-439 Pro is an energy-saving server with low heat output and low noise level.
Powered by Intel Atom 1.6 GHz CPU and 1GB DDRII memory, the SS-439 Pro supports RAID 0/ 1/ 5/ 6/ 5 + hot spare, single, JBOD, Online RAID Capacity Expansion, and Online RAID Level Migration. To meet the demand for high security data protection of the business users, the SS-439 Pro supports AES 256-bit volume-based encryption. The encrypted disk volumes of the NAS must be unlocked by the encryption password to be accessed, which eliminates the fear of confidential data leakage if the hard drives or the NAS were stolen. The SS-439 Pro can serve as a NAS and an iSCSI target server. The built-in iSCSI target feature provides an affordable IP-SAN (Storage Area Network) alternative. Also, the "Virtual Space Allocation" (Thin Provisioning) feature is provided which allows you to flexibly allocate the capacity of iSCSI LUN (Logical Unit Number) at the beginning regardless of the physical volume capacity.
Moreover, the SS-439 Pro supports file sharing across Linux, UNIX, Mac, and Windows. It provides numerous applications, e.g. file server, FTP server, printer server, web server (with phpMyAdmin, MySQL, SQLite, Joomla!). It is an ideal storage solution for your office network.
- The Most Affordable and Flexible iSCSI Solution
The SS-439 Pro can serve as a NAS and an iSCSI target server. The built-in iSCSI target feature provides an affordable IP-SAN (Storage Area Network) alternative for SMB. You can set up the NAS to expand the storage capacity for existing application servers, such as database server and mail server in an economic way. Moreover, the "Virtual Space Allocation" (Thin Provisioning) feature is provided which allows you to flexibly allocate the capacity of iSCSI LUN (Logical Unit Number) at the beginning regardless of the physical volume capacity.
- Secure Data Protection by AES 256-bit Volume-based Encryption
The SS-439 Pro's dominant "volume-based encryption" feature secures the server data by AES 256-bit encryption. Even if the hard drives were stolen, there is no need to fear that the confidential data would be leaked since the data can only be accessed by an authorized password.
- Failover Supported for Network Reliability
The dual LAN ports can be configured as failover which allows the NAS server to sustain the failure of one network port to provide continuous services.
- Better Performance with Load Balancing
The two LAN ports of the NAS can be configured as load balancing mode for bandwidth aggregation to boost the file transfer speed (works with managed Ethernet switch with 802.3ad configured).
- DOM Architecture with Embedded Fail-safe Dual OS
All the OS and applications are embedded on the DOM. The NAS allows system booting without accessing the physical disk sectors and that avoids unsuccessful system startup caused by bad block sectors or file errors on the hard drives. Two operating systems are built on the DOM for system booting alternatively upon every system startup. When one fails, the other one will be used to boot up instead, and the failed OS is recoverable from the other healthy OS.
- Advanced RAID Management with How-swap Design
The NAS offers advanced RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 5 + hot spare, single, and JBOD disk configurations. It also supports hot-swap design that a failed drive can be replaced by hot swapping without turning off the server. Besides, the best-in-class RAID on the NAS brings users a higher level of data security by allowing one more hard drive failure than other NAS of the same level.
- CPU : Intel Atom 1.6 GHz
- DRAM : 1GB DDRII RAM
- Flash Memory : 128MB DOM
- HDD : 4 x 2.5" SATA I/II HDD, ( the standard system is shipped without HDD)
- HDD Tray : 4 x hot-swappable and lockable tray
- LAN Port : 2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port
- LED Indicators : HDD1, HDD2, HDD3, HDD4, LAN
- USB : 3 x USB 2.0 port (Front: 1; Back: 2)
- Supports : USB printer, disk, pen drive, USB hub, and USB UPS, etc.
- eSATA : 2 x eSATA port (Back)
- Buttons System : Power button, one touch copy button (press 3 sec), reset button
- Alarm Buzzer : System warning
- Form Factor : Tower
- Dimensions : 150(H) x 102(W) x 216(D) mm, 8.5(H) x 4(W) x 5.9(D) inch
- Weight Net weight : 2kg / 4.4lb
- Gross weight : 3.2kg / 7.05lb
- Temperature : 0 - 40°C/ 32 - 104°F
- Humidity : 0 - 95% R.H.
- Power Supply : External power adaptor,60W, Input: 100-240V
- Secure Design : K-lock security slot for theft prevention